Violet & Thistle Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who are we?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Violet & Thistle Ltd of 2 Hilliards Court, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9PX United Kingdom.
When may we collect date from you?
We may collect data from you:
- When you create a Violet and Thistle account on our website
- When you complete an online order
- When you subscribe to our newsletter with your email account by clicking the link on our website
- When you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Violet & Thistle Ltd
- When you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you interact or engage with us on social media
- If you choose to fill in any surveys that we use for research.
What data do we collect?
We may collect the following data from you:
- Your contact details including your name, email, telephone number and shipping and billing address.
- Card Payment Details used for transactions: Card Name, Number, Expiration Date, CSV number.
- Login and account information, including your screen name, password and unique ID.
- Personal details including hometown, gender and purchase history.
- Details of the transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Customer Service information including enquiries, comments, complaints and information exchanged with our customer service team.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
How do we use any personal data we collect?
- To carry out any obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in an interactive feature of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about any changes to our service.
- To notify you with information regarding your order.
- To improve our product selection, customer service and overall shopping experience.
- To notify you regarding any product recalls or information regarding products you have purchased.
How long will we keep the information we collect?
We will keep the information as long as you have an account open with us.
We will continue to send you email marketing until:
- You opt out of receiving our marketing emails and newsletter.
- You stop interacting with the marketing emails we send to you for a period of 18 months.
- In both cases we will retain your information for 24 months so we know not to contact you.
Do we share your information with anyone?
We will never sell, trade or rent any of your information to any third party and this includes, but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email or credit card information.
However, we may share your personal information with our suppliers, service providers, couriers and other third-party contractors to fulfil contractual orders that you place with us and to provide the services you request.
We also use an an email service to send out our newsletters and marketing updates where your data is stored securely.
We also use Shopify to host our website thus the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
Social Media Advertising
From time to time we may engage in social media advertising. When you are on these websites we may target adverts to you. We do this based on information we hold on you such as your order history. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags and cookies, as well as specific services offered by social media networks, such as Facebook Custom Audience services.
You may receive email marketing from us or newsletters.
You will only receive these if you have:
- Joined up to receive our newsletter
- Opted in to receive email marketing from us when you registered an account with us.
- Entered a competition we are running and opted to receive email marketing.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our marketing emails please click on the 'unsubscribe' link in the email or email us at email@example.com
If you opt out we will retain your information for 24 months so we know not to contact you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
This website is intended for use of persons ages over 18. If you suspect we have collected information of a person aged under 18 please contact us and we will take all actions necessary to remove this data.
If you feel we have mishandled your data in any way, or not dealt with your data in accordance to the law you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
You can report a concern by visiting the ICO’s Website by calling the ICO’s helpline: 0303 123 1113.